There are many factors that need to be considered to create a great website. Like any other form of marketing, a website should be targeted to the clients’ needs and demographics. Listed below are some key indicators of an effective website and some handy website tips to ensure it’s on the right path to success.
Does your site visually appeal to your target market? Does it portray your business image and reflect your branding? Your website should make an excellent first impression, otherwise visitors can quickly switch to another site if they’re not impressed with what they see or if the site appears badly outdated.
5 website tips for improved appearance:
- Select a theme or design that suits your business image and your customers
- Ensure the colour choice matches your branding, is balanced and does not distract visitors
- Use font that is easily readable
- Display professional photos that reflect the quality of your products and services
- Keep the design simple and uncluttered
Your site may look impressive, however if it doesn’t answer the questions or concerns your potential customers may have, they probably won’t waste any time going further with an enquiry. Missing information is business lost, as it is now too easy for customers to switch to a competitors site to find what they need. Ensuring your copy or written content hits the mark, is informative and well written is paramount to improved lead generation.
5 website tips for better content:
- Ensure copy is professionally written, informative, grammatically correct and does not contain simple spelling errors
- Update content regularly to ensure information is not out of date
- Maintain interest by creating new, regular blogs to entice customers back to your website
- Include a short video demonstration of your products or services
- Testimonials from other customers can assist to build credibility for new businesses or products
Is your website easy to follow and use? Are customers lead easily to the next step or prompted to gain a quote? A difficult to navigate or follow website can be frustrating for customers and can lead to fewer customer conversions. Ensure the experience is simple and causes no frustration for the customer, by properly planning the site and its key components.
5 website tips for increased useability:
- Organise pages into appropriate sub-categories, categories or menus
- Include pertinent links on the homepage to guide visitors to important or highly visited pages
- Use a logical and short top menu
- Ensure pages are quick to load within 10 seconds or less
- Select a responsive website that works across various mobile devices
Search engine optimisation is a crucial aspect of any website. You can create an excellent website, however to make the most of your online marketing opportunities, it needs to be easily found. There are hundreds of guidelines and rules for effective SEO and these are constantly updated by search engines. There are numerous ways a business can help improve SEO which are relatively simple and cheaper than employing an SEO specialist.
5 website tips to improve SEO:
- List your website on free online business listings, to increase inbound links
- Ask your suppliers or wholesalers to include a link to your website on their website
- Include your blogs on blogging websites to lead visitors to your site
- Ensure your website package includes all meta data ready for SEO and an XML sitemap
- Promote your website on all your marketing collateral
Your website is certainly in the right direction if these simple guidelines are being followed. Marketing Wing Consultancy specialises in creating responsive CMS websites at competitive prices. Find out more about responsive website design or contact us today for a website package that suits your business needs.
Schedule a complimentary 30 minute discussion to talk about your marketing needs. Complete the form below to discover how we can assist you market your business better!
Unsolicited sales/commercial related emails are not wanted, therefore are not to be delivered via our email address or the above form.